FOCAL raises funds for CALS through book sales, membership fees, and the sale of books at River Market Books & Gifts (RMBG). This money is used for projects like branch grants, Community Book Club Kits, movie licenses, Summer Reading Club, storytelling, and many public programs at CALS’ fourteen branches.
Two levels of membership are available:
Friend Membership ($35 annual fee)
- 2 tickets to a CALS movie program at CALS Ron Robinson Theater ($10 value)
- Early entrance for card holder to the Main Library basement book sale (minor children admitted with guardian)
- Early notification of book sale dates
- 50% discount on used books for card holder at River Market Books & Gifts (RMBG) during book sales
- 20% discount on all merchandise for card holder at RMBG
- 10% discount for card holder at Bookends Café
- Quarterly distribution of FOCAL Point newsletter
- Weekly library emails
- Option to purchase tickets by email to library events during presale dates
- Book plate placed in a book ($25 value)
Patron Membership ($75 annual fee)
- All benefits at Friend Level, plus
- 2 tickets to one CALS ticketed special event (Author Party, Arkansas Sounds concert, movie event, or other special event) ($50-100 value; must be ordered during presale dates)
Weekend Book Sale Passes
Anyone interested in early access to the book sales or the discount at RMB&G without FOCAL membership may purchase a wrist band for those benefits for each sale.
Weekend Book Sale Pass
- $5 wristband for early entrance for one adult to the Main Library basement book sale only (minor children admitted with guardian)
- $10 wristband for 50% discount on used books for one adult at RMBG only
- $15 wristband for early entrance for one adult to Main Library basement book sale and discount for one adult only at RMBG only
Memberships can be purchased at any CALS branch or at the door during any FOCAL event. Click here to download a FOCAL Membership Application. For more information, contact Susan Hill Gelé 501-918-3086.