Online Subscription Databases
These online resources are available to you from any computer with internet access unless otherwise noted. If you're at home or school when you access these, you'll be asked to log in. Type the number underneath the barcode on the back of your library card to log in. If you have any trouble, call the Information Services Department at 501.918.3000.
- AGRICOLA – Indexes thousands of articles, reports, and other documents pertaining to agriculture around the world. From the National Agricultural Library. *
- eLibrary Science – Offers targeted science content and tools along with unique video and interactive content. It is designed to support the study of earth, life, physical, medical, and applied sciences in schools and libraries of all sizes. *
- Encyclopedia of Evolution
- Encyclopedia of Global Change
The American Physical Society (APS) publishes journals that embody the society’s mission to advance the knowledge of physics. Databases listed in bold are available to CALS patrons inside the library only.
- Focus – selected papers from APS journals explained for students and other researchers.
- Physical Review Letters – brief important papers, all topics in physics.
- Physical Review A – atomic, molecular, and optical physics.
- Physical Review B – condensed matter and materials physics.
- Physical Review C – nuclear physics.
- Physical Review D – particles, fields, gravitation and cosmology.
- Physical Review E – statistical, nonlinear, and soft matter physics.
- Physical Review Special Topics – Accelerators and Beams.
- Physical Review Special Topics – Physics Education Research
- Physics – highlighting significant papers from APS journals.
- Physics Central – educational/informational site about physics, for students and the public.
- PROLA, the Physical Review Online Archive – archive of APS journals back to 1893.
- Reviews of Modern Physics – in-depth articles, all topics in physics.